Chargeback Reason Code
Why did I get a chargeback with American Express reason code P05?
The transaction amount you processed differs from the amount the cardholder agreed to pay.
What do I need to fight a chargeback with American Express reason code P05?
Your chargeback response must include at least one of the following items:
- If the transaction amount was correct, provide documentation that proves the cardholder agreed to the amount, including any additional or delayed charges.
- If you have already processed a refund for the transaction in question, provide documentation that proves you have credited the cardholder’s account.
How can I avoid a chargeback with American Express reason code P05 in the future?
- Unless authorized, never change the amount of a completed transaction without the cardholder’s consent.
- Use caution when entering handwritten transaction information.
- Always swipe or dip a card—only use fall-back options in emergency situations.