Dispute Condition Code
Why did I get this dispute?
The cardholder claims you misrepresented the terms of the sale.
How long can the issuer wait to file this dispute?
The dispute timeline can be based on one of two start dates. Either the dispute must be processed within 120 calendar days of:
- the transaction processing date, or
- the date the customer received the merchandise or services (but not to exceed 540 days of the original transaction processing date)
What do I need to fight this dispute?
- If the merchandise or services were not misrepresented, provide documentation to prove the originally agreed upon terms and how you fulfilled those terms.
- If the cardholder claims funds are being withheld after making an investment, provide documentation to prove there are no funds available for withdrawal.
- If the dispute is invalid, provide documentation that proves the reasoning: the dispute is based solely on claims related to the quality of purchased items or the dispute amount includes the cash-back portion of the transaction.
- If you have already processed a refund for the transaction in question, provide documentation that proves you have credited the cardholder’s account.
- If the cardholder no longer wishes to dispute the transaction, provide documentation that proves the issue has been resolved.
How can I avoid this dispute in the future?
- Make sure all descriptions of the services or merchandise are complete, accurate, and not misleading.
- Clearly and concisely communicate your terms of service and make it easy for customers to find the information.