Dispute Condition Code
Why did I get this dispute?
The merchandise you sold has been identified as counterfeit by a reliable third-party.
How long can the issuer wait to file this dispute?
The dispute timeline can be based on one of three start dates. Either the dispute must be processed within 120 calendar days of:
- the transaction processing date, or
- the date the customer received the merchandise or services (but not to exceed 540 days of the original transaction processing date), or
- the date the customer was told the merchandise was counterfeit (but not to exceed 540 days of the original transaction processing date)
What do I need to fight this dispute?
- If the merchandise is not counterfeit, provide documentation that proves the quality of the product.
- If the dispute is invalid, provide documentation that proves the dispute amount includes the cash-back portion of the transaction.
- If you have already processed a refund for the transaction in question, provide documentation that proves you have credited the cardholder’s account.
- If the cardholder no longer wishes to dispute the transaction, provide documentation that proves the issue has been resolved.
How can I avoid this dispute in the future?
- Only sell genuine merchandise.
- Make sure all product descriptions are complete, accurate, and not misleading.