Why did I get a dispute with Visa reason code 12.7?
You supplied invalid or incorrect data during the authorization process.
How long can the issuer wait to file a dispute with Visa reason code 12.7?
The maximum amount of time that can pass between the transaction processing date and the dispute processing date is 75 calendar days.
What do I need to fight a dispute with Visa reason code 12.7?
- If the authorization data was valid, provide documentation that proves authorization was obtained using accurate and complete data.
- If you have already processed a refund for the transaction in question, provide documentation that proves you have credited the cardholder’s account.
- If the cardholder no longer wishes to dispute the transaction, provide documentation that proves the issue has been resolved.
How can I avoid a dispute with Visa reason code 12.7 in the future?
- Supply all necessary information with each authorization request, including transaction date, MCC, transaction type indicator, country code, and state code.
- Make sure your correct MCC is used in the authorization request and it matches what will be sent with transaction clearing.