Dispute Condition Code
Why did I get this dispute?
You supplied invalid or incorrect data during the authorization process.
How long can the issuer wait to file this dispute?
The maximum amount of time that can pass between the transaction processing date and the dispute processing date is 75 calendar days.
What do I need to fight this dispute?
- If the authorization data was valid, provide documentation that proves authorization was obtained using accurate and complete data.
- If you have already processed a refund for the transaction in question, provide documentation that proves you have credited the cardholder’s account.
- If the cardholder no longer wishes to dispute the transaction, provide documentation that proves the issue has been resolved.
How can I avoid this dispute in the future?
- Supply all necessary information with each authorization request, including transaction date, MCC, transaction type indicator, country code, and state code.
- Make sure your correct MCC is used in the authorization request and it matches what will be sent with transaction clearing.