Dispute Condition Code
Why did I get this dispute?
You sent a transaction with an incorrect transaction code—you processed a sale when you should have processed a credit or you processed a credit when you should have processed a sale.
How long can the issuer wait to file this dispute?
The dispute timeline can be based on one of two start dates. Either the dispute must be processed within 120 calendar days of:
- the transaction processing date, or
- the processing date for the credit refund
What do I need to fight this dispute?
- If the transaction was processed correctly, provide documentation that proves the reason why you acted the way you did.
- If you have already processed a refund for the transaction in question, provide documentation that proves you have credited the cardholder’s account.
- If the cardholder no longer wishes to dispute the transaction, provide documentation that proves the issue has been resolved.
How can I avoid this dispute in the future?
- Hold regular staff training sessions to ensure everyone on your team knows how to correctly process transactions, refunds, and adjustments.