Dispute Condition Code
Why did I get this dispute?
You didn’t send the transaction to Visa within the required timeframe.
How long can the issuer wait to file this dispute?
For U.S. domestic transactions, the dispute timeline can be based on one of two start dates. Either the dispute must be processed within 120 calendar days of:
- the transaction processing date, or
- the transaction adjustment date for an ATM cash disbursement, or
- PIN-authenticated debit transaction
For all other transactions, the maximum amount of time that can pass between the transaction processing date and the dispute processing date is 120 calendar days.
What do I need to fight this dispute?
- If you think the transaction was posted within the allotted time frame, provide a copy of the receipt to prove the transaction date.
- If you have already processed a refund for the transaction in question, provide documentation that proves you have credited the cardholder’s account.
- If the cardholder no longer wishes to dispute the transaction, provide documentation that proves the issue has been resolved.
How can I avoid this dispute in the future?
- Make sure you send completed transactions to your payment processor within the timeframe specified in your merchant agreement. A good practice is to submit transactions on the day of the sale or as soon as possible.