Dispute Condition Code
Why did I get this dispute?
You received a Decline or Pickup authorization response, but chose to complete the transaction anyway.
How long can the issuer wait to file this dispute?
The maximum amount of time that can pass between the transaction processing date and the dispute processing date is 75 calendar days.
What do I need to fight this dispute?
- If you sent a second authorization request after the first attempt was denied, provide documentation that proves the second authorization attempt was approved.
- If you are a car rental, cruise line, or lodging merchant and the transaction had multiple authorizations, provide documentation that proves three things: the check-in date, embarkation date, or vehicle rental date; the check-out date, disembarkation date, or vehicle return date; and the dates, authorization amounts, and approved authorization codes.
- If you have already processed a refund for the transaction in question, provide documentation that proves you have credited the cardholder’s account.
- If the cardholder no longer wishes to dispute the transaction, provide documentation that proves the issue has been resolved.
How can I avoid this dispute in the future?
- If you receive a Decline or Pickup authorization response, either terminate the transaction or submit a second authorization request. Never proceed without authorization.
- If you process transactions with multiple authorizations, make sure you fully understand Visa’s rules and regulations.