Why did I get a dispute with Visa reason code 11.2?
You received a Decline or Pickup authorization response, but chose to complete the transaction anyway.
How long can the issuer wait to file a dispute with Visa reason code 11.2?
The maximum amount of time that can pass between the transaction processing date and the dispute processing date is 75 calendar days.
What do I need to fight a dispute with Visa reason code 11.2?
- If you sent a second authorization request after the first attempt was denied, provide documentation that proves the second authorization attempt was approved.
- If you are a car rental, cruise line, or lodging merchant and the transaction had multiple authorizations, provide documentation that proves three things: the check-in date, embarkation date, or vehicle rental date; the check-out date, disembarkation date, or vehicle return date; and the dates, authorization amounts, and approved authorization codes.
- If you have already processed a refund for the transaction in question, provide documentation that proves you have credited the cardholder’s account.
- If the cardholder no longer wishes to dispute the transaction, provide documentation that proves the issue has been resolved.
How can I avoid a dispute with Visa reason code 11.2 in the future?
- If you receive a Decline or Pickup authorization response, either terminate the transaction or submit a second authorization request. Never proceed without authorization.
- If you process transactions with multiple authorizations, make sure you fully understand Visa’s rules and regulations.